The Foundation was started in the Fall of 2002 to help send kids to camp.
Initial Endowment Funding
- Max and Marion Caldwell – $50,000 (pledged in their estate)
- Kennolyn Camps, Inc – $50,000 (pledged over 10 years)
- Caldwell Family – $50,000 (pledged over 10 years)
- Ken Caldwell, Carolyn C. Folmar, Pam C Nootbaar, Lindsey C. Johnson & Steve Caldwell
Who Manages the Foundation?
Seven members of the Kennolyn Community make-up the foundation’s board. Our President and Chair of the Scholarship Selection Committee is Clare Schneider; Chair of Campership Selection Committee is Hannah Wilson; Treasurer is Doug Kirkwood; Secretary is Stefanie Belucci; Database Management is Scott Kirkwood; and Britt (Liddicoat) Haselton and Joanne Lichtenstein are additional trustees. Click here to Meet The Board
Board members and the executive director receive no remuneration, including expenses, and the foundation doesn’t not have any employees.
In addition, we have a handful of other members of the Kennolyn Community who have volunteered their time to sit on committees, including the Campership and Scholarship Selection Committee, the Camps Liaison Committee, and the Fundraising Committee. If you are interested in sitting on a committee, please contact our Executive Director, Pam Caldwell Nootbaar at email@example.com.
PO Box 1653
Capitola, CA 95010
What are the Finances of the Foundation?
2020 Profit and Loss Statement: (Nov 1, 2019 through October 31, 2020)
- Total Donations Received: $57,131.81
- Endowment & Restricted Fund Gifts: $31,235.24
- Camperships and Scholarship Expenses: $71,322
- 48 Camperships and 1 Camp Counselor Scholarship awarded
- Administrative Expenses: $5,116.38
- Foundation Total Expenses: $76,438
- Net Change: $4,089
Balance Sheet Information:
- Foundation Total Assets: $856,587
- Foundation Unrestricted Funds: $430,289
- Foundation Restricted Funds: $426,298 (including $364,021 in permanently restricted endowment funds)
The Foundation has no debt or inventory. All assets are held in cash or stocks/bonds (no real estate).
MMCF’s minutes, Bylaws and other official documents are stored at Kennolyn’s main office – 8400 Glen Haven Road, Soquel CA 95073